Surveys regularly show communication to be the biggest barrier to successful relationships, whether with your spouse, children, friends or colleagues. Yet few people know how to get a handle on this issue. Health and happiness can only be strengthened by getting to the root of the problem – giving people advanced tools to communicate more directly and effectively with each other.
This is not a simple matter of being more articulate. It means becoming aware of our patterns of communication – and the traps and pitfalls that we lead ourselves into.
Three Key Messages of Straight Talk®
1. People assume they’re good communicators when in fact they’re not. In fact, most people never take a course in interpersonal communication or learn the basic skills. Instead, they assume they’re doing it well because they’ve been communicating all their lives.
2. We each have a particular style, and this style influences all of our communication and decision making. There are four different ways of seeing the world, and most people only use one. Without understanding all four, your ability to communicate is compromised.
3. The better communicator you are, the more happy, successful and healthy you will be.
Research has shown that people have four different ways of seeing the world and thus four different ways of communicating and relating. Each style has its own approach to leadership, problem solving, decision making, management, and conflict resolution.
Armed with an understanding of these styles, people can improve their interactions very quickly.
Video Series on Communication Styles
This free four-part video series will help you improve your communication with Straight Talk. You’ll also receive a gift for checking out the first video: “The Straight Talk Checklist: 39 Tips to Improve Your Communication Skills.”
- Video #1 shares the Secret of Effective Communicators.
- Video #2 will teach you How to Identify Communication Styles.
- Video #3 will show you exactly How to Speak to Other Styles.
- Video #4 will share a speak preview of The Straight Talk Workshop.
This video course is entirely free. Learn how to make the most out of Straight Talk!
The highly acclaimed Straight Talk® book details techniques for improving communication, cutting through conflict, and creating successful organizations.
The Straight Talk® survey will provide insight into your style of communication and how you can communicate more effectively. This opens the door to an entirely new kind of organizational culture where people are more successful in their communications. It is absolutely free.
Our experts develop customized Straight Talk® workshops for any organization. Workshops can be crafted to focus on communication styles, managing decisions, or resolving conflicts.
The Video Course
The Straight Talk® video course presents 10 lessons to improve your communication with Straight Talk. Great for sharing with teams.
|Lesson 2: What It Means To Be A Competent Communicator|